In the Spotlight
- 10.15.18Center for Reproductive Rights and National Women's Law Center v. U.S. Department of Health and Human ServicesThe Center for Reproductive Rights and the National Women’s Law Center (NWLC) filed suit against the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for
- 12.15.17(PRESS RELEASE) - In a victory for women’s health and reproductive rights, a federal judge in Pennsylvania today blocked the Trump administration
- 12.05.17Over a Half-Million Public Comments from Across the Country Submitted Opposing Trump Administration Rules Threatening Access to Contraception(Press Release) In a massive public comment submission effort, the Center for Reproductive Rights, along with more than a dozen leading reproductive a
- 12.05.17Council of Europe Commissioner Launches New Report on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in Europe(PRESS RELEASE) The Commissioner for Human Rights of the Council of Europe—the main human rights watchdog for the continent—released a new report on w
- 12.05.17Statement from Nancy Northup, President & CEO of Center for Reproductive Rights, on yesterday’s U.S. Supreme Court order allowing the Trump administration’s travel ban to go into effect pending the legal challenges(PRESS RELEASE) - “We are deeply dismayed that the Supreme Court has allowed this discriminatory travel ban to take effect while the case is pending.
- 11.29.17Center for Reproductive Rights Statement on the Commencement of Confirmation Hearings on Alex Azar as HHS Secretary(PRESS RELEASE) Today, the Senate began its confirmation hearings on Alex Azar for Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS), President Trump’s cho
- 11.27.17(PRESS RELEASE) Roma women living in Slovakia report facing discrimination, segregation and abuse when obtaining reproductive health services, accordi
- 10.26.17Sexual Violence In Latin America And The Caribbean Takes Center Stage At The Inter-American Commission On Human Rights(PRESS RELEASE) Human rights advocates for reproductive health, child and adolescents and human rights advocates testified this week in Montevideo, Ur
- 10.24.17(PRESS RELEASE) The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR)—the principal human rights body for the Americas—released a statement that under
- 03.20.17(PRESS RELEASE) Reproductive health and human rights advocates gathered in Washington D.C. for a hearing in the case of F.S., a Chilean woman liv
- 02.28.17Expert Opinion: Constitutionality of the Act on Health Measures for the Realization of the Right to Freely Decide on the Childbirth (1978 Act)
- 03.07.16Concluding Observations and Recommendations on the 5th Periodic State Report of the Republic of Uganda (2010-2012)Download the document here.
- 03.07.16Download the shadow letter here.
- 09.24.15(PRESS RELEASE) The Ecuadoran government violated the human rights of a young girl living with HIV according to a ruling by the Inter-American Court o